Africa eMart knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. By visiting Africa eMart you are accepting the practices described herein. This is called a "double opt-in" and is considered best practice in countries where governments are highly concerned about their citizen's privacy.
We use Mailchimp for our email communications, and we have a database on their website containing your email address, your name (in some cases, since it's optional), and on what page on our website or Facebook you signed up.
MailChimp is continuously doing everything in their power to make sure that data is safe. We trust them implicitly with this task, not in the last place since they are one of the biggest in this field and they quite clearly know what they're doing.
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Africa eMart experience. Here are the types of information that Africa eMart gathers;
· The information you provide us: We receive and store any information you enter on Africa eMart or give us in any other way, this includes your name and surname, email address, mobile number, date of birth and name of the business if you register as a Vendor. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
· Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Africa eMart or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Africa eMart.
· Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Africa eMart or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries. Controls that either is subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy herein.
· Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Vendors, these businesses operate stores at Africa eMart or sell offerings to you at africaemart.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses.
· Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
· Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Africa eMart customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give your name and address.
Our pledge: Other than as set out above when you signed up to our Web Site, you did so because you want to receive emails from us, and not from someone else. We will never, ever, sell your email address to anyone else. Occasionally, we may include a 3rd party promotion in our emails to you, but this will be in line with what we do. We have your best interest at heart and would only send you something that we feel would be of genuine interest to you.